Common Core Standards
- Find whole-number quotients and remainders with up to four-digit dividends and one-digit divisors, using strategies based on place value
- Find all factor pairs for a whole number in the range 1-100.
- Recognize that a whole number is a multiple of each of its factors.
- Determine whether a given whole number in the range 1-100 is a multiple of a given one-digit number.
- Determine whether a given whole number in the range 1-100 is prime or composite.
Non-Fiction Text Features
- Determine the main idea of a text and explain how it is supported by key details; summarize the text.
- Describe the overall structure (e.g., chronology, comparison, cause/effect, problem/solution) of events, ideas, concepts, or information in a text or part of a text.
Writing Topic: Narrative
- Use dialogue and description to develop experiences and events or show the responses of characters to situations.
- Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, descriptive details, and clear event sequences.
- Orient the reader by establishing a situation and introducing a narrator and/or characters; organize an event sequence that unfolds naturally.
- Provide a conclusion that follows from the narrated experiences or events.
- Use a variety of transitional words and phrases to manage the sequence of events.