Common Core Standards
- Recognize and generate equivalent fractions.
- Compare two fractions with different numerators and different denominators, or by comparing to a benchmark fraction such as 1/2.
- Decompose fractions
- Add, subtract and multiply fractions
- Add and subtract mixed numbers
- Determine a theme of a story, drama, or poem from details in the text; summarize the text.
- Refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
- Explain how an author uses reasons and evidence to support particular points in a text.
Writing Topic: Biography
- Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information clearly.
- Conduct short research projects that build knowledge through investigation of different aspects of a topic.